Making Slemonade

Fall 2013

Fall 2013
The Best Medicine

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The end of the road, the beginning of an adventure

Here I sit in the hospital room I've been in for the last 11 weeks, knowing that in 2 days I'll have 2 more children. I thought life was complete with an amazing husband, sweet son, supportive family, the best friends anyone could ever hope for, and a meaningful job, but I'm realizing that these girls are really going to round it out. Every life has ups and downs-- I had my biggest down when I lost my mother nearly 6 years ago-- and I guess all you can do is hope and pray that you have more ups than downs. 11.5 weeks ago we were terrified we'd experience another huge down, but here we are. Who knows why? I certainly don't, and I'm not especially inclined to ask. I'm just grateful and hopeful.

I'm also anxious and nervous. Having twins is no walk in the park, and because they'll be preemies, a lot can be wrong. Having major surgery is scary. Trying to fit back into my old life is going to be a hard transition. Affording 3 kids is challenging. Making sure Brady, Shawn, and even the dog get as much as me as I can give is daunting. But it will all be okay, because it has to be. These girls are meant to be ours, and we're going to do our very best to raise happy, healthy, loving children.

I've spent so much time focusing on NOT focusing that I'm experiencing a huge wave of emotions: relief, terror, happiness, excitement. Mostly, I'm ready to get back to my life, know what we're up against, and move forward. It's going to be quite a ride.

The next time you hear from me on the blog, you'll know the girls' names and statistics, and I'll figure out how to add photos so you can see the little faces we've been so excited to see. So more updates soon!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting!! We will be thinking of you. You are all in great hands at Nside! Good luck! Savor every moment because now life is going to go super, super fast! We will organize some more meals for you!

    ReplyDelete