Making Slemonade

Fall 2013

Fall 2013
The Best Medicine

Friday, March 26, 2010

Large and Not-So-In-Charge

Today I'm 31 weeks, 1 day, and moving right along. At this point, if the babies were born they'd do great. I know several 30- and 31-week babies who are now adorable, healthy, active children, so I'm feeling pretty darn good about things.

We had another ultrasound this morning and decided to do measurements today. Baby A is measuring 30 weeks, 5 days, and 3 lbs., 13 oz. Baby B is measuring 29 weeks, 6 days, and 3 lbs, 11 oz. Of course, this is all plus or minus a healthy margin of error, so who knows really how much they weigh, but it's definitely more than 3 lbs. We're thrilled! It still tickles me that Baby B is smaller than Baby A, but the ultrasound tech reminded me that because they're fraternal, they're genetically different, so we shouldn't be that surprised. Good point. This reminder makes me even more curious about what they'll look like-- and if anyone is going to inherit my curly hair!

In other good news, I no longer have to have my finger pricked to check my blood sugar after every meal. They're alternating now, so I only have to have 2 pokes instead of 4.

Brady is getting more ready to meet his little sisters. He and Daddy read a special big brother book at night (thanks, Aunt Allison, Uncle Brian, and Topher!), and he's definitely understanding a few more things. He told me on the phone this morning that his sisters are going to grow up big and strong, and that he's going to hold their hands in the street so they don't get hurt by cars and trucks. It's so sweet, and it brought tears to my eyes. Although I'm not 100% convinced he understands that they'll cry and scream and live with us forever, I can't wait to see him as a big brother. He's so sweet with babies, and I can only hope that sweetness will continue with his own sisters, who will be getting most of the attention.

So that's all the news-- less than 3 weeks to go! More updates soon.

1 comment:

  1. Seeing your children together is the sweetest thing in the world. Even my rough and tumble boys can be so sweet and caring to each other :)

    ReplyDelete