Making Slemonade

Fall 2013

Fall 2013
The Best Medicine

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Staring down 30 weeks

I've now been in the hospital for 50 days. FIFTY days. As far as I know, only one person on this floor has been here longer. There were 2 women who'd been here longer than I, but one had her baby yesterday. I'm an old timer!

This 50 days has seen a large amount of anxiety and a small amount of showering, and it's been quite a ride. And since everyone's saying how stable I appear to be, I could have another 30 days of this before I deliver.

This week is shaping up to be less dramatic than last week. Brady's 3rd birthday was yesterday, and I've been thinking all week how we were here in this same hospital exactly 3 years ago. We celebrated here in my room with a special dinner for Shawn and I from the hospital (it was surprisingly good!), and a hot dog and cupcake for the birthday boy. They had cupcakes at school too, and he insisted on bringing me one. What a great kid. Did I eat it? Hell yes, I ate it, and I ate it with relish. My blood sugar didn't go up that much. :)

We had another ultrasound this morning. The girls look great. Both babies are dancing on major internal organs. Incredibly, being 7.5 months pregnant with twins isn't that comfortable. ;)

Brady also had his 3-yr check up today. He's skinny (shocker!), with his BMI in the 5th percentile, but his weight is in the 10th percentile, and his height is in the 50-75th percentile. He's trending as he has been his entire life. Shawn said he wasn't too keen on the finger prick (I understand), and when the doctor was checking his reflexes, he yelled "My knee! My knee!" but otherwise he did great.

I've been reflecting on how fast the past 3 years have gone, and how much I love that kid of mine. I've been thinking about how much I love being a parent, and how grateful I am to have a wonderful husband who has been an equal parent to Brady his entire life (or, at least when I let him! Lesson learned for me!), and an equal partner to me. I could not be happier with how things are turning out, and I just hope they continue. We are always thankful for our families, friends (many of whom are like family), and neighbors for all they're doing to help us get through this brief blip in our otherwise amazing life together.

More updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment