Making Slemonade

Fall 2013

Fall 2013
The Best Medicine

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

27 weeks, 5 days, with SNOW (again)

We're almost to a major milestone! All remains stable. Had another ultrasound this morning, and the girls both have good blood flow, are practicing their breathing, and are overall looking pretty good. Baby B is now stretched out with her head in my ribcage and her toes waaaaay down near my pelvis. This means she's occasionally kicking Baby A in the head. Poor Baby A. But I guess she better get used to it!

I asked today about how long they'd let us go until they deliver the babies. We'd been told before that they wouldn't let us go past 34 weeks, but today I was told that they *might* let us go to 35 weeks, but not past that point because the risk would be as great as the benefit. So I could have another 7 weeks in the hospital, plus recovery. Of course, that would mean the girls would have less time in the hospital, so that's good. I guess we'll see how it all goes! They'll make the call during the 33rd week, assuming I make it til then.

It's snowing again, and I wish I could get out in it. Can't believe the one winter it snows 3 times, I'm in the hospital! But when I get out of here, it'll be beautiful springtime, my favorite time of year. I told Shawn it's like I hibernated for the winter!

So, anyway, that's all that's going on today. More updates soon!

2 comments:

  1. Great news Becky! I am thinking of you - Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog Becky! All the best and hang in there! You look great!

    ReplyDelete