Making Slemonade

Fall 2013

Fall 2013
The Best Medicine

Friday, March 19, 2010

Waiting for the other shoe to drop

Today I'm 30 weeks, 1 day! My regular OB had rounds yesterday, and when he came in he said, "I honestly didn't think you'd make it this long." As I've told a couple people, I'm not sure I realized just HOW scared I should have been 8 weeks ago when Baby A's water broke. I just think we couldn't imagine something going so wrong. Thank goodness we never had to deal with that, and we're in a much better place now.

Still, it's been 8 weeks of anxiety, and that's hard to take. Days go by where everything seems to be (the new) normal, then something will take us by surprise and remind us what's going on.

One of those somethings happened late last night, when I began to bleed. It didn't last long, and it didn't seem to affect the babies, but it was very scary. It was as scared as I've been this entire time in the hospital. I thought for sure that the other shoe was finally dropping, that I was going to have an emergency C-section at 1 a.m. before Shawn was able to get here. But for now, everything is stable. The ultrasound today revealed nothing amiss-- both babies look great and are doing well. They're both head down, and I do appear to be carrying lower so the babies may have dropped. The bleeding could be because my cervix is starting to open, meaning things are getting going, or I could have some irritation that would mean I might not make it the next 4 weeks. Or -- and this is what is difficult about medicine -- it could mean nothing at all. I'm told these things occasionally happen. I don't want them to be born so soon, but like everything else about this pregnancy, it's all completely out of my control. And so we wait some more.

If I make it til Tuesday, we'll have another ultrasound and get new measurements. Otherwise, our next update may contain names, birth weights, and other fun facts about Brady's new sisters. We'll see!

Either way, more updates soon!

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and those precious girls, Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you Becky and hoping you can keep them in a little longer....

    ReplyDelete