Making Slemonade

Fall 2013

Fall 2013
The Best Medicine

Friday, February 26, 2010

27 weeks, 1 day!

We've made it another week! All remains stable.

The girls and I had another ultrasound this morning, and everything still looks great. The doctor confirmed that their lung capacity/chest size is exactly the same. I asked if that's problematic because Baby B is slightly smaller than Baby A (the one without the fluid), and he said absolutely not. He said he would have been happy if their chest measurements were even close to each other, so the fact that they're the same is cause for celebration. He feels like this means that when they're born, we're not going to have too many problems in the breathing department. Thank God.
I also found out that I won't be getting another dose of steroids because they can affect immune response, and since we're at risk for infection anyway, we want to have the most functioning immune systems possible.

Baby A remains head down, while Baby B is back to a transverse position, meaning she's sideways. Her head is under my belly button and she stretches out across my side. I've been getting kicked in the side and back a lot, which is always interesting. Baby A, meanwhile, has her head against my bladder, as if I didn't have to pee enough already. Isn't she sweet?

Still learning to manage the gestational diabetes without the full support of the hospital's food choices, and I'm complaining to anyone who will listen. Northside will be receiving a strongly worded letter from me when I get out of here.

Anyway, other than that, all is well as we head into our 28th week. Again, 28 weeks is a HUGE milestone for them- 98% survivability.

More updates soon!

1 comment: