Making Slemonade

Fall 2013

Fall 2013
The Best Medicine

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 9: No changes, ready for steroids

Today is Day 9 in the hospital. We had another ultrasound this morning, and everything remains the same. Both babies have good blood flow and steady heart rates. Baby A is of course low on fluid, but all other signs are good.

The doctor told me that my risk of infection is much lower than before-- but it's still a very real risk. As much a risk now is spontaneous labor, which seems unlikely today, but anything could change at any minute, which is why I'm still in the hospital. Tomorrow I get a shot of steroids in my tushie, followed by another one on Thursday, which, sadly, ends of my chances of playing professional baseball. Although I guess wrestling is still an option. :)

If for some reason I go into labor in the next couple days, they'd try to stop delivery long enough for the steroids to take effect. If I have an infection and go into labor at any other time, they will not stop labor-- these babies will be delivered and cared for in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit).

If you're not familiar with Northside Hospital, you should know that neither I nor the babies could be in better hands. The NICU here is second to none-- the staff and technology are amazing. I feel very grateful to be here.

So that's the news for Tuesday, Feb. 2. More updates tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Some girls will do anything just to put up their feet and eat bon bons til the babies come. But, seriously. All the luck in the world for little A and B. do not proof read this message! and ALL you guys are in my prayers. By the way, what makes you think this has spoiled your chances at baseball. I would think it gave you a leg up on the competition. lol Brenda Wade

    ReplyDelete