Making Slemonade

Fall 2013

Fall 2013
The Best Medicine

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wednesday, Feb. 17

Sorry I didn't do an update yesterday-- I get so tired of the computer some nights!

Everything went well with yesterday's ultrasound. Girls are both doing great-- no changes with them or with me. We'll have another ultrasound Friday for another look. I really need to get a scanner so you can see the photos we're seeing. Baby A is head down, face down, so we don't get great looks at her face or torso, but her spine looks great. :) Baby B is quite the ham, and not so modest... she's going to be trouble. ;)

Tomorrow marks 26 weeks-- another milestone! We've been hearing anecdotally that 26 is where you really want to be because the odds are so good at that point. So we're happy to be here. We'll be happier if we make it to 27 weeks...28 weeks...29 weeks...you get the picture. We're taking every day as it comes, although it's hard not to look ahead.

Tomorrow is also a bittersweet day for me personally. It would have been my mother's 62nd birthday. I miss her every day, but I miss her so much more now that we're going through all this. I'm so thankful for the 26 years I had with her, and for all the love she gave me. I hope I'm half as good a mother to my kids as she was to my brother and me. I'm just so sad that she never knew any of her grandchildren, and I can only hope that she's watching over them now, seeing them for the beautiful, smart, sweet, wonderful children they are. And I hope she's there for the girls when they're born too.

So that's it-- more updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment