Making Slemonade

Fall 2013

Fall 2013
The Best Medicine

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ultrasound # 8,437,236

We had another ultrasound this morning, and things are looking good. The girls are measuring well, right on target. Baby A weighs about 1 lb, 9 oz., and Baby B is tipping the scales at about 1 lb, 11 oz. Notably, the doctor was very encouraged that Baby A's lung tissue volume looks great. He said that when there's a rupture before 24 weeks, they're concerned that the lungs won't develop properly, but at least for now Baby A's lungs are totally normal. What a welcome relief. Baby A's amniotic fluid is still very low, but as mentioned before, as long as she and I are continuing to produce it, it's not that big of a concern. Or at least, not as big a concern as infection or spontaneous labor.

If you're interested, Baby A is head down, and Baby B is hanging out sideways, with her head under my belly button and her feet somewhere around my ribs. Both babies continue to be VERY active. When I wake up in the middle of the night, one or both are usually kicking, and I just lay there smiling, thinking about the possibilities and allowing myself to be hopeful.

So speaking of waking up in the middle of the night, MAN am I tired. The bed isn't the most comfy, and naturally I have to wake up to use the restroom, but my main complaint is that I can't get back to sleep. I was taking Ambien, but it makes me so groggy in the morning, I don't think it's worth it. My doctor is taking pity on me and has written an order for an air mattress since it looks like I'm in for the long haul. Here's hoping it helps! I'll try the Ambien again, b/c something has to give. As everyone knows, there's no sleeping in a hospital, but this is ridiculous. I can't even take a nap b/c people are in and out all day. But honestly, if this is my biggest complaint, I'll deal with it.

On a very sad note for me, Brady has come down with a cold and can't visit. It's not so much the risk of infection, but we don't want me sneezing or coughing and losing more fluid, or getting congested and having an emergency that would require general anesthesia, etc. Stupid rhinovirus. I hope it clears soon, because I'm already missing him so much.

So that's all the news that's fit to print today. More updates soon!

1 comment:

  1. Becky!!

    I have been checking your blog every day...Kari had updated me about the babies. I am so happy to hear that things are going well. I just wanted to encourage you...I know it must be tough being in the hospital all day and night...but Shawn is right...it's for the greater good!! I am thinking/praying for you all. I would love to come and visit for a bit and keep you company and catch up. Would Thur. be a good time? I am off in the afternoon.

    Mary Kate

    ReplyDelete